Palazzo Antinori, the Antinori palace, the family residence in Florence, is located in Piazza Antinori, just a short distance away from the Arno river. An architectural jewel of the Renaissance, it numbers some 50 rooms and has been the residence and offices of the Antinori Marquises since 1506. It was designed and constructed by Giuliano da Maiano in 1461 and enlarged by Baccio di Agnolo in 1543.
The facade, in untreated stone, has a linear design, harmonic and typically Renaissance; the family coat of arms is exactly in the center: a shield with lozenges in the upper part and a smooth lower part. There is a lovely courtyard and a garden on the ground floor; above the courtyard there is the second floor loggia and, everywhere, centuries of works of art, statues, and tapestries. The ground floor and part of the first floor are utilized for offices and reception rooms, while the two upper floors are the private apartments of the Marquis Antinori.
Today the Antinori palace is not merely a prestigious edifice, headquarters of a winemaking firm, but also the symbol of a centuries-old family history, traditions which have become a concrete modern reality.